The Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat) revealed the results of its monthly consumer confidence index for March. Calculated from consumer tendencies survey results by TurkStat in a joint-effort with the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, how did the seasonally-adjusted consumer confidence index results unfold for this month?
- Consumer confidence index increased by 2.9% in March compared to the previous month and settled at 59.4.
- Thus, the February’s index value of 57.8 surged to 59.4 in March.
- The financial situation expectation of household index reached 78.3, marking a 4% increase.
- The general economic situation expectation index climbed from 75 to 78.6, rising by 4.9%.
- The number of people unemployed expectation index decreased by 0.1% and settled at 58.9.