What did auto industry does in Q1? We have compiled a 6-point list of auto industry in Q1.
- Country’s automotive industry exported 320,213 vehicles in January-March, says manufacturers association. Automakers in Turkey produced 361,516 vehicles – including automobiles, light commercial vehicles, and tractors – in the first quarter of 2019.
- The report said 89% of manufactured vehicles were exported, 320,213 units.
- The country’s automotive exports totaled some $7.9 billion in the three-month period.
- The association also said Turkey’s overall auto sales market narrowed 45% year-on-year to 90,888 vehicles.
- Top international automakers – including Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes, Renault, and Toyota – have factories in Turkey, one of the world’s top auto sale markets.
- Last year, Turkey produced nearly 1.6 million vehicles, earning $32.2 billion from exports of some 1.3 million vehicles.