Governmental support for employers continues in 2019 to create new jobs. Here are 6 significant ways in which the government supports employment in Turkey.
- All workers hired for the first time will have their full social security premiums and taxes covered by the state for 2 years.
- Supports were previously given on the basis of gross minimum wage, whereas this year, earnings subject to premium will be considered for the first time. Thus, the incentives will pass the TRY 1000 mark, and may increase up to TRY 2 thousand.
- The support will be given for 12 months this year, up from 2017’s 9 months. All employers will benefit 5 points within the scope of social security premium supports.
- Every additional worker employed, in all industries but manufacturing and informatics, will have their social security premiums and taxes covered on the basis of minimum wage in 2018, similarly to 2017. Thus, the employer will have to pay the net amount of minimum wage, while the remaining expenses will be covered by the state.
- Women, disabled, and young employees (over 18 and under 25 years of age) will receive support for an increased period of 18 months. These incentives will last until the 31st of December, 2020.
- Manufacturing enterprises with 1 to 3 current employees will have every additional worker they employ between 18 and 25 years of age to have their allowances and premiums covered by the state in a monthly alternating fashion. Thus, small-sized businesses will pay the salaries of each new worker they hire for only 6 months a year.